We’ve returned from our hiatus to discuss Cutovers along with the subpoena of an Amazon Echo, free music vs net neutrality, and false alarm Facebook alerts.
- What is a cutover?
- When do cutovers typically happen and why do they happen at those times?
- How to prepare for a cutover
- Contact sheet (list of personnel involved and contact info)
- Change plan
- List of all equipment/devices being modified
- Backdoor access information
- Step by step changes followed by verification steps
- Notes about each step and its purpose
- Break up changes into independent phases to avoid complete rollback
- Documentation and diagrams
- Contingency/rollback plans